As knowledge increases amongst mankind, and transactions multiply, it becomes more and more desirable to abbreviate and facilitate the modes of conveying information from one person to another, and from one individual to many. (Playfair, 1786)
researchnot.es is the ongoing blog connected to the practice based PhD from Adam Procter. This PhD will create two artefacts, one will be a digital tool to enhance and embrace the network and community of practice within Art & Design higher education studio-based practice; second will be a Manifesto derived from this practice and associated research as the guide for the creation of further digital tools to support Art & Design networked learning.
The tool and manifesto will re-imagine the digital managed learning environment. Systems such as Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas and others are built around features designed to support the administrative needs of an institution and designed to simulate paper.
Conventional electronic documents were designed in the 1970s by well-funded conventional thinkers at Xerox PARC, who asked, “How can we imitate paper?”
- Nelson, T., xUniverse-D6. xanadu.com. Available at: http://xanadu.com/xUniverse-D6 Accessed March 29, 2017.
- Playfair, W., Wainer, H. & Spence, I., 2005. Playfair’s Commercial and Political. Atlas and Statistical Breviary, Cambridge University Press.
- https://nodenogg.in – project site
- https://manifold.soton.ac.uk – academic texts
- https://gitlab.adamprocter.co.uk – code
- https://discourse.adamprocter.co.uk/ – feedback
- http://fragmentum.adamprocter.co.uk/ – microcast
- http://discursive.adamprocter.co.uk/ – micro.blog (PhD category)
- http://periodical.adamprocter.co.uk – newsletter
- microcast – thought shrapnel
- Networked Making
- DEWG Testing – 5th Dec
- Current Tech Stack – Nov 2019
- Testing – 29th Nov 2019
- No log ins please!
- Year 1 Testing – 4th Nov 2019
- 1 Theme Testing – 1st Nov 2019
- Connections Test – 23rd Oct 2019
- 3 Themes Present – 18th Oct Testing
- Keeping a record
- Student Testing – 4th June 2019
- The mis-application of learning technologies within the context of Design Studio-led education
- eLearn 2019 Presentaion
- MPhil to PhD upgrade
- What is project nodenoggin ?
- eLearn 2019 Conference Presentation Application
- WordPress Migration
- Edutech Data Collection
- Prototypes Nov 2017
- Markdown Prototype v0.4
- Slack Workshop Proposal
- Staff Seminar 2017
- Conceptual Abstract for a forthcoming Practice based PhD
- Decentralising Education & the Blockchain
- Procter Periodical Archive
- Illustrate This!
- Information Design & Data Visualisation
- New newsletter – Join my Newsletter.
- Short Note 1
- A staff seminar about my PhD concept.
- State of Union – Managed Learning Environments (MLE)